Let’s Get Started with Crossfit
Come and Check Us Out
There are numerous opportunities to check out Great Lakes CrossFit before committing to membership. Every Saturday we have a Free Introductory Class at 11:00 am. These classes are meant to give you the experience to see how you will like the classes. Each class consists of a warm up, workout and cool down. All classes are lead by a certified instructor to make sure you are moving properly and safely. If you can’t make it on Saturday, please call us to schedule your Free Intro class at a more convenient time.
We also offer an opportunity to check out our Beginner classes which run at 9:00 am Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please call ahead if this an option you would like to explore.
Why Are You Looking to Crossfit?
People come to us for a variety of reasons: Wether you are looking to get back into shape, add variety to your workout routine or find a program that you can actually stick with, we can help.
Workouts tend to last 15 to 20 minutes. Our constantly varied workouts keep you interested and helps avoid plateaus in your fitness. A typical day will include a warm up, workout and cool down. This means you can get in and out in under an hour. The workouts are not easy, but you will see results.
Here’s What To Expect from our Crossfit WOD’s
When you walk into Great Lakes CrossFit, you should:
- Expect top of the line, quality, instructor-led workouts. You will never be on your own. There will always be a coach on hand to help.
- Be ready to learn. There may be movements and exercises that you are not familiar with. In order to get the most out of your workouts, it is important to expand your repertoire.
- Be ready for an intense workout. If your goal is to get back in shape, lose weight or anything else you need to remember that nothing worth having is easy to attain.
- Remember that everyone is different. Not everyone is at the same ability level. Our workouts are scalable to any age or ability level to ensure that everyone gets an intense workout.
- Check your ego at the door. We are a community based on encouragement and support.
- Keep a positive attitude. Attitudes are contagious whether you know it or not.
- Introduce yourself to everyone in the gym. If you see a face you don’t know, say “Hi.” If you forget, it may result in extra burpees!
- Cheer on your fellow CrossFitters. This is part of building community and friendship within the gym.
- Expect the unexpected. You never know what you are capable of until you are pushed to do it. This also applies to the workouts that will be posted day to day.
- Never underestimate your potential or let others tell you your limits.
- Track your progress. Keeping track of your times and weights for workouts will give you an idea of how far you have come and what you need to work on.
- Have fun!
Let’s Schedule A Visit:
New to Crossfit
Experienced at Crossfit